Friday, February 21, 2014

Reveiws for Shattered and Shaken and All for Allie By J. Bailes





Synopsis:
***Mature Audience Only 18+***
Allie Anderson has encountered more heartache than any one person deserves. She's lost her father to cancer, her brother to war, and the love of her life –Wyatt - took her most prized possession and vanished without a trace. She’s left crushed and heart-broken.
Blake, Allie's best friend, is everything she needs; he'd give her the moon if she asked for it, but there's one problem - he wants Allie entirely. How can Allie give herself to anyone when she's not sure there’s enough left of her heart to give away?
Allie's life begins to fall into place. Her heart begins to heal. Being happy is no longer a foreign emotion. That is until the man who broke her years ago returns, shattering her fragile heart all over again.

Allie soon discovers that hearts are like broken glass; you can put it back together again, but it will never be the same.

Review by Gia:
Wow, this book is amazing.  This story is written so well that you can feel the emotions of the characters.  Allie Anderson is a strong character who has been through a ton of stuff.  She has lost her brother and the love of her life (Wyatt) let without a word.  With Blake she is finally able to live again.  Blake and Allie seem great together, then Wyatt show up again.  In Shatter and Shaken we get a little bit a background on Wyatt.  Wyatt is Allie's brother's best friend. 
Shattered and Shaken is book one in the Shaken Series.  So yes it ends with a cliffhanger.  It's a crazy a cliffhanger.  I felt like the last 10% of the book was gut wrecking.  The ending leaves you wanting more immediately but we have to wait until April for book 2. 
It's a great read.  It has me rooting for all the characters to get some sort of happiness.  This is a must read.  It's a little bit of an emotional roller but it's worth the ride.
5 Amazeballs Stars!!

Buy Links




Synopsis


After all of Allie’s loss, my thought was only on her and her happiness. On her love and need for her big brother. I was replaceable, Kyle wasn’t. I wouldn’t allow him to crush her heart with his death. I knew I had to follow him. I would throw myself on top of bombs, in front of bullets, whatever it took to get him home to her, alive. There are two sides to every story, and you’ve only heard one. Don’t be so quick to judge; I hate myself for what I’ve done. But all that I did, it was all for Allie.

Review by Gia:
All for Allie is a short story.  It's book 1.5 in the Shaken series.  It is recommended that you read book 1 Shattered and Shaken first.  In Shattered and Shaken we got Allie's POV.  In All for Allie for get Wyatt's POV. 
I liked Wyatt in Shattered and Shaken but All for Allie made me like him even more.  I loved the it is in Wyatt's POV, we get to get inside his head and see what he was thinking.  I don't think his thought process was a great one but I do think he did what he thought was right to protect Allie and Kyle. 
I can't wait to read more.  Wyatt and Allie need to have a serious conversation, I hope they get to do that in book 2.   Even though you kind of know how All for Allie is going to end, it didn't prevent me from needing tissues.  Reading about Kyle in Wyatt point od view is tear jerking.
After reading both book, I have found a new favorite author.  I can't wait to read the next one.
5 Amazeballs Stars!

Buy Link


 Meet J. Bailes
Born and raised in Nashville, TN. A mother of three, wife to one, and nursing student turned writer. Loves all things pink, glittery, and chocolate.




No comments:

Post a Comment