Sunday, October 19, 2014

Featured Author: J.M. Witt

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
J.M. Witt!!!




 22671832
Letting Go by 
J.M. Witt


Synopsis:
When your past threatens to destroy your future; how long will you hang on before Letting Go?

Cassidy Charles is picking up the pieces of her life after another terrible tragedy. The last thing she's looking for is love. James bursting back into her life is the last thing she expected, but possibly everything she needs. She can’t deny the attraction, but can she get past the fact that he may be the reason she’s lost so much? He opens up a whole new world to her that she’s only dreamed about and that she easily falls into. As a result, her relationship with him reveals secrets from her past she thought were long forgotten.

James Benedict III, local playboy and successful real estate investor hasn’t stopped thinking about her since that fateful night all those months ago. He has her back in his life, but for how long? Forever if he has anything to say about it. As more and more secrets from her past are revealed, his own demons and tragedies loom overhead threatening to destroy everything he's built and done for her. He wants her in his life, but because of him her world comes tumbling down, again.

Will they discover that the love they have is strong enough to survive everything and everyone trying to tear them apart before it’s too late?


Letting Go buy links







 Authors Dream Cast:


Book Trailer:




Excerpt:

He gently whispered, “In due time, Cassidy.”  His response was to a question I wasn’t asking.  He punched a few buttons on the panel and the elevator started moving. 
He leaned down and placed his forehead on mine.  I closed my eyes and lifted my chin, welcoming his kiss.  It was soft and tentative, almost seeking permission to possess me.  I ran my hands over the stubble beginning to form on his cheeks and pulled him closer.  He accepted my invitation and his tongue assaulted my mouth.  A hint of liquor was on his breath and had me wanting to taste more of him.  My entire being was vibrating with need.  He released his hold on my legs and I slid ever so slowly down his body as he held me up against him, my feet barely touching the floor. 
Our tongues continued dueling and exchanging blows.  He traced my upper lip then greedily sucked on my tongue before pulling my lower lip between his teeth.  Aphrodite herself must’ve taught him to kiss.  He ruined me; no other kiss had ever compared and never would.  I moaned my appreciation into his mouth.  Before I was aware of it, he had pivoted and I was now up against the back wall of the elevator.  I ran my hands up to the back of his head and wrapped his hair around and through my fingers.  He growled in approval. 
The elevator stopped and alerted us that we had reached our destination.  With the speed of a bullet he pulled Stop on the panel and we were suspended in air.  James pulled me to him and removed his jacket from my arms, throwing it aside.  I noticed that his tie was already undone and hanging around his neck.  The top few buttons of his shirt were open and my hands were itching to touch his chest.  I could see the muscles in his neck tensing as he lowered his mouth to my jaw and kissed a path to my ear.  His hot breath on my earlobe had me reeling. 
I grabbed his arms, desperate for something to hold onto.  His mouth traveled along my exposed collar bone as my chest began heaving.  His hands were now encircling my waist.  I wasn’t used to a man making me feel small and being able to easily overpower me the way he did.  I loved it.  Even through the layers of my dress I could feel his arousal against my lower abdomen.  I gently swiveled my hips which immediately caused him to curse. 
“Cassidy?”  He pulled back and gazed into my eyes, looking like a starving man in front of a buffet. 
It was a question and I answered him.  “Don’t stop, please,” I begged him. 
“I don’t want to do anything you’re not prepared for.  If you ask me to stop, I won’t lay a hand on you.”
I was panting but managed to breathe out, “But I want your hands all over me.”
He smiled that devilish smile and pounced on his meal.  We were nose to nose winded like a couple of marathon runners. 
“Those eyes have haunted me for months.” 
His hands cradled my face while his thumbs traced my cheekbones.  I was shaking as he wrapped his hands around my neck and feathered them down my shoulders and to my arms.  He intertwined his fingers with mine and slowly raised our joined arms above my head.  “Don’t move.”  He pulled away and stood to his full height.  “That dress is exquisite, like it was made for you.”
I couldn’t help but chuckle and his eyes immediately questioned me.  “It’s a rental.”  He was amused and tilted his head at me.  I really need to learn how to keep my mouth shut.    
Finally, he spoke, “We can fix that.” 
Before I had a second to question him he attacked my mouth once more.  He then lowered himself so that he was kissing the top of my chest.  He wedged his leg between mine and I shifted slightly eager for the pressure of his thigh against my pussy.  Damn that dress and all its layers.  He knew just what I needed.  His hands pulled down on my shoulders so that I was rocking back and forth on his thigh as his groin pressed into my hip.  I was humping his thigh like a horny teenager and it was miraculous. 
Before I could object, he spun me around to face the elevator wall.  The cool steel against my cheek was a sharp contrast to how hot I was feeling.  My hands lowered to my sides. 
His hands were on mine again and he guided them up once more, “You make me want to lose control.  I told you not to move.”  I had never been so turned on in my life.  One more touch from him and I was likely to explode.
He buried his head in the back of my neck.  I let my head fall back to him and his mouth was there, waiting for me.  I felt his hand in my hair while the other traveled down my side.  His hands were like liquid fire on ice and soon all that would be left of me was a puddle on the floor.  He started pulling pins out of my hair while running the other hand along my side and under my breasts.  I was trembling with a need I didn’t know existed.  Once he had all the pins out of my hair he circled my hair around his wrist and pulled back before massaging my scalp. 
“Oh, God.”
“You can call me James, though God is nice, too,” he panted in my ear.



Title: Hiding Away
Series: Anchored Hearts 1.5
Author: J.M. Witt




Synopsis:
Who do you trust, and who do you love, when the secrets of your past are so painful that they have you Hiding Away?


Jane Whitford had everything she ever wanted, at the tip of her fingers, when it was violently ripped away. The man who was supposed to love her turned into a monster. Broken and bruised, she fled his clutches back to her hometown, ready to rebuild her life and her career. Love is the last thing she wants when she meets Cal. The only thing on her mind, when it comes to him, is fun. Lots of it. Will she open her heart to him before it's too late?


Calvin Charles is a cop on the streets, working hard to achieve his goal of joining the SWAT team. He strives to live with no regrets and has everything he needs; friends, family, and the occasional woman to warm his bed. Until he meets Jane, and she quickly becomes everything he wants. Will he be able to get her to open up when she’s convinced that exposing her secrets will cost her his love and respect?


Will his love be strong enough to survive? Or will her secrets be the death of him?







20492506

Letting Go of You (Anchored Hearts #2)

by

Synopsis:
***Strong adult sexual content and loads of mental anguish. Grab you tissues! 18+ only.***


James,

Letting Go of You will be the hardest decision of my life.

We were devoted and committed to one another. Secret clubs, family, friends, careers and undeniable chemistry filled our lives. Previous troubles seemed nonexistent. We were ready and willing for whatever life had to offer. Life was perfect. If only ‘perfect’ really existed.

What I didn’t expect was that one tragic event would trigger the demons you kept hidden from me. I had to decide if I could live with not knowing your secrets. And just when I thought we would make it through, another hurdle was placed in front of us. Tragedy, murder, first loves, old enemies, and death lingered at every turn.

Will your demons be the death of us? Or will my anchored heart be strong enough to hold on?

Only You
~Cassidy




Letting Go of You buy links

Fading Away (Anchored Hearts Vol. 2.5)

Fading Away (Anchored Hearts Vol. 2.5)

by
Synopsis:
Can our love heal the wounds that consume us?
Or will the past leave your soul Fading Away?

Cal is fighting for his life and for his love. Never wanting to settle down until he found her, his baby doll. Her secrets left him bleeding on the floor and comatose. He’ll fight for her, no matter the cost. But what if that means committing murder?

Jane almost lost everything she never knew she needed. Some of her secrets revealed, but not all. Nightmares consume her, but so does her love for Cal. Will she be able to let go of the past and move forward?

Will murder charges ruin their chance at happily ever after?
Or will they get the one thing they both want?
Each other…forever.






Fading Away buy links
Amazon US     http://tinyurl.com/kgr3tkn
Amazon UK     http://tinyurl.com/nlotyx8
Amazon AU     http://tinyurl.com/ly42n6h
BnN                http://tinyurl.com/ocfkx8r
Kobo            http://tinyurl.com/mchce8l
iTunes            http://tinyurl.com/k9slcxg



 Letting Go of Us
by J.M. Witt
Coming Dec 2014!

Syonpsis:
Cassidy,

While grieving for my mother I lost sight of you, my love, my life, and what we had created. You said the one word I never wanted to hear from your lips and it nearly broke me. I know now that it was your plea for me to hear you.

I heard you and I planned on fixing it, even if it took the rest of my life. We never bargained for what came next. You became a stranger to me, my own wife. Wife. The word was suddenly foreign to me. Thrust into a situation we didn’t expect, you proved to me over and over again what love was.

I pray you’ll let me return the favor. My cage is empty and waiting for you, my Blackbird. I’ll spend eternity proving that I’m never letting go of us.

Always, only, forever…
James

 
Teasers:








About J.M. Witt:
I’m a stay-at-home mom with four young children and one extremely supportive husband. We’ve been married for nine years and reside in Metro Detroit, Michigan.

I've dreamed of writing romance novels since I was little. After having baby #4, who may or may not have been fathered by Christian Grey, I decided it was time to pursue my dreams.

When I'm not volunteering at the schools of my children, running to various appointments, enjoying time with my friends and my book club, dating my husband, or avoiding cleaning my house, I'm writing!

I love music and believe that books and music can't exist without the other. My goal is for you to read more than a good book, but for you to have an experience!




Interview with J.M. Witt:

  1.  Can you tell us a little about your books?

The Anchored Hearts series is about Cassidy and her love interest James aka JB3.  Her brother, Cal, is also featured and he falls for James’ cousin, Jane.  Love is hard, worth fighting for, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t and bad things happen to good people every day.  The thing you have to decide on is if it’s worth holding on to or better to just let go.  Love can come quick and hard or slow and steady.


  2.  Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems Management.  I get lots of use out of it staying at home with 4 kids and writing! (note sarcasm).  My kids are 6.5, twins that are 4.5 and a 23mo old.  Yes, we’re done!  Number 4 was our happy surprise.

3.    What inspires you to write?

Some of the books I read made me realize, ‘I can do this and maybe better (not meant to be arrogant)!’  When I began thinking about it seriously, Love Somebody by Maroon 5, became the anthem for me.  The story took off from there.  Music is a big trigger for me.

4.    Do you have a favorite spot to write?

In my office.  Before I had a desk it was on my couch.


  5.  Do you have any “odd” writing habits?

Not unless you consider music blaring as a habit.  I started making a character reference sheet, took some notes and started writing.  I don’t always write in order.  The auction scene in Letting Go was the first one I wrote.  It’s in the middle of the book!


 6.   Do you listen to music while you write? 

Most definitely.  It’s a must!


7.    When did you know you wanted to write a book?

I started writing stories when I was a preteen and poetry as a teen.  I’ve wanted to write romance since before I understood what that meant.  I’d always wanted to write books, just didn’t know I could do it on my own.


 8.   Do you have a favorite character to write about?

I love Cassidy and James and their humor and passion.  And Aunt Bev…she’s probably my fave!!



 9.   Are you attending any author signing event in 2015?

Cleveland April, Bardstown in Aug, Naughty Nashville Aug, Great Lakes Book Bash Oct and Savannah Georgia in Oct.


10.    What are writing projects are you currently working on?

The Anchored Hearts series is half done.  I’m working on finishing it and then I have a new, exciting collaboration with Paul Blake.  We will be featured on the cover together and he’ll be the birdy in my ear in regards to the male MC.  The title is Convicted Heart and I’m hoping to release it in June 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment