Monday, December 15, 2014

Featured Author: Drew Elyse

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Drew Elyse!!!


Dissonance (Dissonance Series #1)

by
Synopsis: 
The first time Logan ever saw Charlotte, she was staring up into the rain.

Logan is searching for direction when his new roommate makes that entrance. With a body of pure sin, giant bright eyes, and the voice of an angel, she has his attention immediately. But everything about Charlotte is also screaming "hands off."

Charlotte is hiding. She made a life of pretending, and she is happy to keep it that way. Physically and emotionally scarred by the secrets of her past, the last thing she needs is a gorgeous roommate asking all the wrong questions. Their mutual attraction and devotion to music may be too strong to keep him at arms length, though.

Can they find a way to resolve the dissonance between them?


This book is intended for audiences 18+. It contains explicit language and sexual content.


 


 

Buy Link: 
 http://amzn.to/VKZl7o (currently available only on Amazon)
 
Also, it is available on Kindle Unlimited for a Limited time!



Teasers:





 

Author Bio:
Drew graduated from Loyola University Chicago with a BA in English. She was born and raised in Chicago, IL, and still lives there with her boyfriend, a rabbit named Lola, and a bird named... birdie.
Besides writing, she loves reading, music, and crafting. She has a slightly-less-than-healthy obsession with all things Disney, and is an avid fan of the Chicago Blackhawks.

Author Links:
Interview With Drew Elyse:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
 For now, my only available book is Dissonance, my debut. It is the first book in a series of interconnected standalones. For me, the defining feature of the series the integration of music both within the events of the story, and as a way to divide the novel into sections that match the tone of a particular song. I will definitely say that Dissonance is angsty, but I also feel it has some moments of light-heartedness as well. Book two in the series, Harmony, will be a surprise for those that have read book one, I think. It features Alex and Eli, who are prominent figures in Dissonance, but it will show completely different sides of them that I’m not sure anyone is expecting.
2. Using one sentence describe Dissonance?
 Dissonance is an emotional journey about growing up, moving on from the past, and the healing power of love and music.


3. When can we expect book two in the Dissonance Series?
 I can’t give a solid answer on that just yet. There are still some major details to hammer out. But, I am aiming for Harmony to release in early 2015.


4. Do you have a favorite snack to have nearby when writing?
 I actually have been trying to make it a point to keep snacks away while I’m working. I have a tendency to not pay attention to how much I eat when I’m writing. My favorite snacks are definitely sweets, though. I am lucky enough who has a man that likes to bake for me, so I eat a lot of cookies.

5. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
 Alright, this question is tough. I am a huge Disney fanatic. It’s one of my defining features for those that know me well. It kind of hurts my soul a little to say that I love one above the rest. However, I do have to admit to a lifelong favorite, and that is Beauty and the Beast. You just can’t beat Belle and her love of books.
6. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
 Did I say the last question was tough? I was lying. This is harder. I have always loved writing, even as a child. It was the career path I saw for myself for most of my life. Through most of high school, I was planning to study English and Creative Writing in college. I deviated slightly from it late in senior year and ended up studying Music Therapy my first year of college, but it didn’t take me long to go back to my love of literature. I have worked on a number of projects, but during college I started Dissonance and knew it was going to be a project that I would eventually release. Four months after graduation, I did just that.
7. What’s one random fact about yourself that you can share?
Wow, I’m kind of the queen of random. Here’s one not many people outside of my personal life know: I am a proud alumni member of Sigma Alpha Iota International Music Fraternity, a professional greek organization of female collegiate musicians.
8. What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas. No question. As a musician, it’s the holiday with all the music. As someone whose favorite meal is dessert, it has everything going for it. And as a person who likes sparkly things, it’s kind of perfect for that as well. I love everything about Christmas, and it’s almost here!
9. Are you attending any author signing events in 2015?
Unfortunately, I am to scheduled to attend any. 2015 is going to be a crazy year for me (likely including a pretty big move), so I haven’t been able to make any commitments for events yet. I am keeping posted for opportunities and will update any changes on my website
10. What writing projects are you currently working on?
Right now, my primary focus is on Harmony. I am writing furiously to get Alex and Eli’s story out. I’m also starting work on book three in the Dissonance Series (the title of which I’m keeping secret for now), which I will reveal now is going to be Caleb’s story (Logan’s brother)! There are some other projects that I fiddle with as the thoughts come to me, but the Dissonance Series is getting most of my attention.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment