Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Review for Taking Chances by Alannah Carbonneau

Taking Chances (Donnelley Brothers Book Three)

Taking Chances (Donnelley Brothers Book Three)

by
Synopsis:
“Life isn’t about making it to tomorrow…it’s about making today count.”

Hadley Grades life is perfect.

She exists in a perfect world – with a poster board family. She has the big house, with the expensive cars, and lavish furnishings. Her family is healthy and happy.

She has it all.

Until she doesn’t.

After the death of her older brother, Hadley is forced to stand and watch her strong family crumble in the wake of sorrow. But as though facing the death of her brother, and best friend wasn’t enough, Hadley’s father has informed her that he can’t sit back and allow Hadley to meet the same fate her brother met. Unwilling to allow her to remain in the city, he sends Hadley to a Ranch in the deep Alberta Rocky Mountains where he’s certain no temptation will cross her path…and her life will remain intact.


Unable to fight the unstable man Hadley had always known as her rock, she agrees to allow her father to send her away for six months, to experience a different way of life than the Toronto city has to offer.

Hadley arrives at The Donnelley Wild Land Tours Ranch with a bad attitude and a broken heart. The Ranch is the last place she wants to be…until she meets Collin Donnelley in a most humiliating way. Somehow, the man gets under her skin with lady killer grins and cocky innuendos, and in him, she learns to view the world in a different way. He pushes her to experience and to live her life outside the box-like confines of how she thought she should live.

Before long, Hadley is losing her heart to Collin Donnelley, and the biggest player in the Rocky Mountains is losing his heart to a broken girl from the city.








Review by Gia:
Wow, this is Collin's book.  After meeting Collin in Counting Stars, I couldn't wait for his story.  It was worth the wait because Collin's story is amazing.  
Collin is one of the Donnelley  brothers.  He lives and works on the ranch.   He is a big player.  I loved the things that comes out of his mouth.  Alannah had a tough job in writing a character that readers would find prefect for Collin.   Hadley is the character.  Hadley is at a rough point in her live.  She has just lost her best friend and brother.  The beginning of the story is heart wrenching and I was a little teary eyed as we go through Hadley's journey of losing her brother.  Hadley is a very likeable character.  I loved her right from the beginning.     I was absolutely sold that Hadley was perfect for Collin from the way the met.  I won't tell you what happens the first time they met but their meeting by far in my favorite of the Donnelley brother so far.  
Collin and Hadley's story is great.  This one is a definite must read.  I can't wait to read Luke's story.  
5 Amazeballs Stars!!!!




About Alannah:

 
I live in Alberta, Canada, where the weather is forever changing (without warning). I am engaged to be married in August 2015 to my high school sweetheart and love of my life. There are no children in my life as of right now, but we do have a handful of rambunctious cats (four) and a testy, rescued Shepard/Husky, who take up a lot of my time.

Ever since I can remember, I’ve adored the written word. English was always my favorite class and that may be biased because I can’t count to save my life, so math was a horror! I remember the very first novel I ever read, Shocking Pink by Erica Spindler. It was the most interesting of the covers on my mom’s bookshelf (probably because it was pink) and I was way too young to be reading that novel. But I fell in love. From there, I read almost everything from V.C. Andrews.

My writing started out as poetry, which then evolved to songs, and later into novels. I was never one for the short stories as I found it too difficult to pack everything I imagined into something so small. I now have fourteen novels published independently. I write both novels for young adults and novels for adults – all romance.

Despite my favorite younger reading material, I now adore writing and reading all things romance.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment