Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Featured Author: Allyn Lesley

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Allyn Lesley!!

Deeper (Book One of The Deeper Chronicles) by allyn lesley


Everything Avianna Linton thought she knew was shattered in one traffic stop. With her life turned upside down, she flees to the bright lights of New York City hoping for anonymity and a new life. 

Rising from nothing, Noah Adams holds onto his power and control with a bone-crushing grip. No one dared challenge his authority until her...

Avi’s disdain for Noah is barely contained, and Noah does everything he can to restrain himself—a concept he has little experience with.

There’s more between the two than either of them realize. A force looms near, hovering with deadly precision and motivated solely by revenge.

Avi wonders who her new friends truly are and if she’s already in too deep. Noah, accustomed to getting what he wants, will do whatever it takes to draw Avi in deeper.
 


Excerpt #2 
© allyn lesley 2015

Six

Where the fuck is that little she-devil?
Zach pointed toward the dance floor, addressing his employer’s unvoiced question. “Under the ball.”
Clear as day, she danced way too close with someone who might soon leave the club with a limp. He blew out a breath. She knew better than this, yet she still tested the limits set up for her protection.
A restraining hand on Noah’s arm paused him mid-stride. “Boss?”
Noah’s eyes widened at Zach’s hand. Immediately, the younger man’s hand fell away, and he wisely stepped back. Even in the dim light, Noah saw embarrassment tinge Zach’s face.
“I, um. Excuse me, Mister Adams, but I can’t let you go over there,” Zach said, swallowing the fear his boss evoked.
“Let. Me?” Noah pointed at himself and straightened to his impressive six feet and five inches. “And who’ll stop me?”

 Teasers:



Buy Links
Amazon US - http://amzn.to/1GfYCAB  
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1IEzgKi



Anthology Name Once: A Collection of Sinfully Sexy and Twisted Tales
Authors allyn lesley, Nicole Hite, Brooklyn Taylor, M. Dauphin, Layla Stephens, L.E. Chamberlin, H.Q. Frost, Alora Kate, and Terri George
Genre Contemporary Romance
Release Date May 28, 2015




Once: A Collection of Sinfully Sexy and Twisted Tales Summary

Nine authors have joined together to bring you a box set full of passion, love, and sex. Each short story follows the theme of 'one night', and each brings you a little something different. From first meets, to first loves, to long time lovers to strangers, each story will leave you begging for more.




allyn lesley’s Short’s Summary

There are many reasons people lie, but we’re told lying is never a good thing. But what if it could have good intentions?

This story is about two men and a woman who are all connected by a bold lie that transforms all their lives. This is not your typical threesome, and these aren’t typical lies.







allyn lesley’s Short’s Excerpt – 447 words
allyn lesley © 2015

Now...
That was beautiful,” she whispers, using the remote to press the stop button. How she continues to look so absolutely endearing while staring forlornly at the screen amazes me.
Not as beautiful as you,” I mutter, not loud enough for her to hear, but just so it’s out in the atmosphere and out of the deep recesses of my heart.
We lapse into lengthy silence. It’s not uncomfortable, but it’s heavy...heavy with all my unspoken thoughts, unexpressed emotions, and repressed desires. After a while, after a long while, her lips part and my gaze lands on the lower one, the one that slightly juts forward, the one that needs no lipstick because it’s—well they both are—naturally red. I’d love to feel the softness of her lips as they sigh or even as they talk or laugh. But, again, I know that’s wishful thinking. As are all the other forbidden thoughts I have about her.
I should, um, I should...” She looks down at her watch.
Am I rushing you out the door?” I ask after mentally reminding myself to put some bass into my voice so she can hear me.
She shakes her head and her heart-shaped face lights up. Ah, that grin. We both have other places to be, but I don’t want her to leave, not yet.
Gabe, I only stopped by to say hi,” she reminds me.
Those were the same words she told me when I opened the apartment door a few hours ago, yet we ended up eating dinner together, and watching one of her favorite movies.
Relax, you’ll make it to Kellie’s,” I tell her.
The back of her hand grazes mine as she drops the remote on the couch. My heart thumps uncontrollably, and while her head is down, I press my hand over my heart, hoping to muffle the loud sound. I wonder if she can hear it. I feel as if my heart is about to burst from my chest.
Her head snaps back up just as my fingers leave my chest. “Why are you always so nice to me?”
Because you own me. Of course, I don’t say that aloud. Her dark eyes, which remind me of a newly opened Hershey’s Kiss, lift to my face. Her sweet smell, slightly tinged with the outdoorsy smell from the May heatwave sweeping Manhattan, engulfs me and makes me want her more...want what I can’t have...want what could have been mine if I had his confidence.
Why shouldn’t I be nice to my soon-to-be sister-in-law?”
The irony isn’t lost on me, and her new place in my life is kind of surreal because I saw her first.



Once: A Collection of Sinfully Sexy and Twisted Tales BUY LINKS




About Allyn Lesley:

Allyn Lesley writes real stories about real people.

As a teen, Allyn lost herself in the pages of some of Romance’s heavyweights, trusting that a happy ever after was just around the corner. In Allyn’s own writing journey, as in life, she’s learned that people don’t always experience recovery and restoration after a fall. Her stories speak to the gritty side of life where the right choice isn't always easily identified and happiness not quickly gained.

Social Media Links
Blog -- allynlesley.blogspot.com
Facebook page -- http://on.fb.me/1ybhJHB
Goodreads -- http://bit.ly/1wfvIeY
Google+ -- http://bit.ly/1B7oZFE
Instagram -- instagram.com/AuthorAllynLesley
Pinterest -- http://bit.ly/1cvXbBD
YouTube trailer -- http://bit.ly/1B7eBOl


Interview With Allyn Lesley:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
Currently, I have one full-length novel and a short on the market. The full-length is my debut, Deeper (Book One of The Deeper Chronicles), which is a drama-filled, action-packed romantic suspense. The short, Liar, is a sweet new adult romance, and is part of the Once: A Collection of Sinfully Sexy and Twisted Tales anthology with eight other authors. Both novels are set in New York City because the city holds a special place in my heart.

2. When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
I wrote a screenplay thing (forgive my dusty memory) while in high school for a contest I don’t remember much about. I was maybe sixteen years old, and thought I’d write for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, I never typed a single thing that wasn’t educationally or professionally related again until my early thirties.

I hit the magic button aka the publish button on April 21, 2015. That day ranks up there with the day I married the only man created for me and when I birthed my two daughters: all were nerve-wracking but joyous occasions.

3. How did you choose the genre you write in?
At the moment, I don’t have one genre that I’ll be sharing stories about. I don’t like to put myself in a particular box but I’ll say that all my stories will be a) set in New York and b) showcase individual’s redemptive traits.

4. Where do you get your ideas?
As cliché as this sounds, it’s the truth: life inspires me. For example, Deeper (Book One of The Deeper Chronicles) came to me when I saw the most well-dressed male chatting on his phone outside my local pharmacy. He looked so good, but out of place. As I drove by him, I wondered: who’s he talking to? The questions continued to plague me until I fashioned Deeper’s hero, Noah Adams, after the possibilities my mind invented.

5. What do you do when you are not writing?
I am never not writing . But I try to hang out with my husband and my kids whenever I get a chance. If you ask them, I’m sure they’ll answer, “checking Facebook” lol but I like to multi-task.

6. Do you ever experience writer’s block?
Yes. It’s a son-of-a-biyatch.

7. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
No, I don’t outline. That’s not necessarily a good thing, but it’s the way I’m currently creating so I just go with the flow.

8. What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I was born on a Caribbean island.

9. What writing projects are you currently working on?
I’m so glad you asked this question . I’m writing three projects at the same time (which is BANANAHS—only crazy authors like myself do this lol): Deeper Still (Book Two of The Deeper Chronicles) is the final installment to my debut, Falling which is a angst-y new adult story about a mechanic and a college student, and a still untitled adult contemporary love story that chronicles the life of two entertainers.

1 comment:

  1. Gia and Tabitha,

    Thank you so much for sharing with your followers. I appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete