Thursday, June 25, 2015

Featured Author: Sylvia Pierce


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Sylvia Pierce!!!
 


To Tempt a Thief 1 (The Billionaire and the Thief, #1)

by

Temptation can be deadly.
For art thief Arianne Holbrook, discretion isn’t just a job requirement—it’s what keeps her alive. So when a hot, mysterious Brit catches her red-handed at an exclusive auction in New York, she’s got one shot at saving her cover: seduction.Too bad his masterful touch leaves her aching to be tamed, again and again.
In the boardroom or the bedroom, billionaire social media mogul Jared Blackwell is always in control, and commanding the devious brunette’s dark pleasure is no exception. But behind that dirty mouth, his submissive little cat burglar hides dangerous secrets.
Secrets another man would kill to protect.
Jared thrives on high-risk ventures. But when it comes to love, does this dominant alpha have what it takes to tempt a thief?
 
 
 
Free on Kindle Unlimited! 


About  Sylvia Pierce:

Sylvia Pierce is the author of the seductive new erotic romance serial, TO TEMPT A THIEF.
Sylvia loves writing about kick-ass, headstrong women and the gorgeous alpha guys who never see them coming. She believes that life should be a lot like her favorite books—smoking hot, with happy endings and lots of temptations, twists, and trouble along the way.
She lives in the Pacific Northwest with a strong, sexy husband who appreciates her devious mind, loves making her laugh, and always keeps her guessing. Like the heroes in her stories, Sylvia’s man didn’t see her coming… but after fifteen years together, he’s finally figured out who’s boss.

Links:
Website - http://www.sylviapiercebooks.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/xosylviapierce
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sylvia-Pierce/1426544447653769


 Interview With Sylvia Pierce:

>     Can you tell us a little about your books?
>
Definitely! Told in a three-part serialized format, Tempt a Thief is my first series. The story features a sassy New York art thief who's desperate to get out of the life of crime she inherited from her father, but is rightfully terrified that doing so will put her and her younger sister in grave danger. Her father worked with some less-than-savory people, and now she's right in the middle of it, with no simple escape plan. Her lifestyle doesn't exactly lend itself to romantic relationships, but when a sexy billionaire Brit crosses her path -- by catching her snooping around at a private art auction, no less -- complications ensue! He's trying to make a good impression on the shareholders of a business he'd like to acquire, so getting mixed up with a criminal is probably a bad idea, but he just can't help himself. Nothing makes me happier than throwing my characters into seemingly impossible situations, and then watching them find their way to that hard-won happily ever after. The messier, the better, in my book!
>
>     What inspires you to write?
>

Other people's books. Seriously, every time I stay up way past my bedtime to finish reading a book -- my litmus test for a really great story -- I get so inspired and excited to work on my own stories. And when all else fails, wine to the rescue! A good bottle of wine can be very inspirational, right?
>
>     Do you have a favorite spot to write?
>
I generally write in my home office, but there's a lovely little tea house in my town that sometimes serves as my second office when I need to get out of the house. It's so mellow and calming in there, and they have the best snacks! Snacks + caffeine = writerly necessities.
>
>     Do you have any “odd” writing habits?
>
I don't have any super odd habits... I don't think so, anyway, but maybe my husband would disagree! He knows now that when the office door is closed, DO NOT DISTURB. Chances are I'm just looking at Supernatural gifs or something equally unproductive, but why shatter his image of the prolific writer at work? ;-) But I do have a few little writing rituals, like burning incense when I start a new project, and sometimes I'll read tarot cards for my characters if I need help getting unstuck. I also like listening to video game soundtracks -- the music is perfect for writing.
>
>     Do you listen to music while you write?
>
Yep. But nothing with lyrics -- that always messes me up. That's why I find the video game soundtracks so great. They're still energetic enough that they don't put me in a way-too-relaxed state (aka nodding off at the keyboard), but they're not distracting. I read somewhere that video game soundtracks are designed to help you focus and concentrate, just like you need to do in a game, so it works well for me when I need to get those words on the page.
>
>     Do you have a favorite character to write about?
>
This might be cheating, since it's still my first series, but right now my favorite character is Ari from To Tempt a Thief. I hope to revisit her in later books, even after her primary series comes to a close. She's just so feisty and stubborn, too smart for her own good, and sometimes she's downright reckless. But she also has a vulnerable and deeply emotional side, and she'd do anything to protect the people she loves. All of these contrasts and layers make her lots of fun to write about.
>
>     What are writing projects are you currently working on?
>
I'm currently working on the final book in the To Tempt a Thief series, and then I'll be working on a longer series of novels that takes place at a bed and breakfast in Colorado's Rocky Mountain National Park. From New York City to Colorado... I like to jump all around the country with my writing, so you just never know where my characters will end up next.
>
>     What book did you enjoy writing the most and why?
>
I'm still cheating because I'm only on the first series, but it's been a blast to write! I love visiting New York with my characters and seeing what kinds of sticky situations I can get them into. It's been really fun exploring the world of art thieves, too. Writing their story has been like immersing myself in a mashup heist movie and sexy romance. When I first started getting ideas for To Tempt a Thief, I knew I'd enjoy working on it, but I never imagined it would be so much fun to research and write.
>
>     What's the last book you read?
>
I just tore through a young adult series called The Mara Dyer trilogy. Quite different from the steamy adult stuff I'm writing, but it was a page-turner for other reasons. ;-) On the romance side, I've just downloaded Sylvia Day's Crossfire books (I know, so late to the party here!) and Lauren Blakely's 21 Stolen Kisses, so that's what will be keeping me up past my bedtime next.
>
>     What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
>
I read tarot cards (for myself, my friends, and my characters, of course!). I mentioned it earlier in my response about odd writing habits, but it's true. I learned several years ago, and I'm totally addicted. I'm also addicted to burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment