Sunday, March 27, 2016

Featured Author: Elle McKenzie


Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Elle McKenzie!!!


FIGURE 8




Blurb

Isabelle’s life is spiralling out of control. The death of her mother when she was 8 years old created a deep and dark depression, from which she has constantly struggled to climb out of. Now she has reached the lowest point she has ever been. She sees no other way out.

Suddenly she finds hope.

She meets Damon.

Wanting desperately to help Isabelle, Damon tries to drag her out of the darkness and breathe life back into her.

But why is he so determined to help her?

What is the dark secret which haunts him and threatens their future?

Will their love be enough to withstand betrayal?

When love leaves you breathless, how do you learn to breathe on your own?






LUST

 
Blurb 

She was scared, fearing for her life.

She needed to get away.

She wasn’t expecting to find love. 

After witnessing a disturbing event, Jasmine escapes to her parents’ house halfway across the country. A chance encounter with an old school friend lands her a job at the notorious gentlemen’s club, LUST. Struggling to deal with her past, her son, and her new job, all she want’s is to feel safe again. However, she doesn’t expect to find security in the arms of a man. 

He wasn’t looking for love.

He wasn’t looking for anything.

He certainly didn’t need another woman in his life. 

Since his mother’s stroke, Max has settled into a daily routine. He doesn’t need or want any other complications in his life. But that all changed the day that she walked into LUST. Fighting to control his feelings for the woman that has hijacked his world, he quarrels with the war of emotions that have interrupted his guarded lifestyle.

Will the pair be able to fight their present to become each other’s future?









Dear Darling
 

                                    

Saffron Vale has a letter to write—a letter telling her husband she is leaving.

Yet, the moment her pen touches the paper, her heart starts to ache. A lifetime of love and promises swim in the first stroke of ink, making her doubt herself. Every smear of punctuation becomes a joy shared by lovers who were always meant to be. Every heartache drowns in the blank space, which tells a far greater story than her pen ever could.

With over twenty years of memories tying her to the man she loves and the children her heart beats for, Saffron has to make the hardest choice of her life. Will she find the strength to write the letter that will end it all, or will she face a future of the unknown?

Dear Darling is a novel about love and loss, happiness and anguish, and one woman’s struggle to find an answer to an impossible question.



Add to you TBR today. 


Interview With Elle McKenzie:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
 I generally write romantic suspense. I love drama and crime, so I like to add a little bit of everything to my books. I write what I know. My debut centered on depression, suicide and after effects. I loved the journey that Isabelle took to regain control of her life. Lust is focused more on the crime side, lies, deceit and what happens when you don’t speak up. I’m not afraid of stepping outside the box, so to speak. My next novel Dear Darling is a little different, it’s still got the crime and drama in it, but it’s a more emotional piece with a clear message. 

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
When I was younger I would write stories and plays, but I never thought about becoming an author. I wanted to be a journalist for as long as I could remember. However, life changed my course and I didn’t get the chance. 


3. For someone who hasn't read any of you books yet, which one would you suggest they read first?
Lust (The Stripped Bare Series Book 1) I loved writing the dual POV. 

4. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

I’m a pantser, I just write whatever my characters want me to write. Sometimes that’s a real pain in the butt, especially when they won’t talk to me, but I've never been a great planner. 

5. Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
I try to write at least 1k a day, but some days are better than others. 

6. Which book has been your favorite to write?
Lust. I loved writing the dual POV and being inside Max’s head was a lot of fun. I have enjoyed writing Dear Darling, but it was a very emotional journey, and I did struggle at times. 

7. Do you have a favorite spot to write?

My sofa or my bed. Wherever I’m comfiest. I’d love a little cabin in the middle of nowhere, on the edge of a quiet lake. That’s my dream. 
 
8.  Do you listen to music while you write?
Yes, I’ve been listening to Justin Bieber’s new album recently. But, I’ll listen to anything from hard rock to chilled out classical. 

9. What was the last book you read?
Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan and I loved it hard.

10. What are you working on next?

I’m currently in the process of editing Dear Darling ready for its release and I’m working on Wrath (The Stripped Bare Series Book 2) 

 Where to Find Elle:



No comments:

Post a Comment