Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Featured Author: Randi Perrin

Welcome Toady's Featured Author
Randi Perrin!!




VIRTUE OF DEATH

At eighteen, Sera Moore chose to go to culinary school while a higher power selected her to become an angel, specifically, an angel of death.

Now, twelve years later, Sera’s a successful baker during the day and performs her angelic duties at night. The only thing missing in her life is a man, but the last thing she wants is to fall head over wings in love.

But when a tenacious food critic won't take a hint, can Sera lower her wings long enough to risk her heart one more time?






 





UNINTENTIONAL—NORTH AMERICAN EDITION
Their eyes had met a thousand times, their smiles always easy and honest. All it takes is that one moment for everything to change. When their eyes are opened, no longer does "just friends" seem good enough.
Fall in love with Unintentional: North-American Edition, a collection of eight friends-to-lovers HEA stories by eight talented North-American authors. Happy ever afters really do come true.










WRECK YOU

Mechanic for Hard and Fast, Mike Davis has an intense crush on the parts delivery driver, Blake. For the sake of the business, he keeps his distance, not acting on his wanton desires. What Mike doesn’t realize is Blake is crushing equally as hard on him.

Just as love and life appear to take shape for Mike, his old demons take hold and drag him under, leaving him spiraling out of control.

Will Blake push Mike further into the abyss or will he be the one to finally pull him free?




About Randi Perrin:
Randi has spent her entire life writing in one form or another. In fact, if she wasn't writing, she'd likely go completely and utterly insane. Her husband has learned to recognize when the voices are talking in her head and she needs some quality time with an empty Word file (the key to a successful marriage with a writer).

A pop-culture junkie, she has been known to have entire conversations in movie quotes and/or song lyrics. (You'll see this come up in her writing as well.)

She is the author of Virtue of Death, Wreck You, and a story included in the anthology Unintentional. She already has several projects lined up for release in 2017.
www.randiperrin.com
www.twitter.com/RandiPerrin
www.facebook.com/randiperrinwrites
www.goodreads.com/RandiPerrin
www.pinterest.com/RandiPerrin


Interview With Randi Perrin:
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
VIRTUE OF DEATH, the first in the Earthbound Angels series, is a paranormal romance that features angels, one of the lesser-used paranormal creatures. But they aren’t your typical angels. They love, they lose, they hurt.
Then there’s UNINTENTIONAL—NORTH AMERICAN EDITION, the friends-to-lovers anthology that includes my story “Just What I Need” which is full of corny humor and cheesy movie references.
Today, my contemporary m/m romance novella WRECK YOU released as part of the Trade Me series. This one features a snarky mechanic who is obsessed with his delivery driver.

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
The more apt question would be, “was there ever a time I didn’t?” I pretty much knew I wanted to write back in first grade. In fourth grade I wrote a mystery story with a friend that my brother illustrated for us. In eighth grade I was published for the first time in a poetry anthology. Sometimes I set the dream aside to chase other things, like, my kid… but deep down it’s always been there. After a brush with death a few years ago, I decided to finally take this dream of mine seriously. Tomorrow’s not promised, and how pathetic would it be if I didn’t at least try?
The first novel I wrote was horrendous. To the fact I’m ashamed I actually sent it to anyone to even consider doing anything to aside from lighting it with a match and watching all 200 pages go up in flames. We all have those necessary stepping blocks and lessons learned.

3. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I need to have some sort of something to know where I’m going. I need a character name and some sort of arc. Once I have that, all bets are off and I just write. I know the arc, I know the characters. The how I get to the end is always a surprise.

4. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
I do admit, I’m a huge fan of having a glass of wine next to me when I write.

5. Do you have a favorite character to write about?
It sounds sort of hokey to say, but I love each of my characters and they are all fun to write—and all big giant pains in the ass to write too. It depends on how they are feeling that day, how I’m feeling that day. But in the end, to actually pick one character over another might just be a whole new form of torture.

6. What's your all time favorite movie?
Tough call. I don’t know that I have one I would pick out and say is my favorite. So I asked my husband to answer the question for me. His response: “Gone With the Wind. Favorite Christmas movie is Love, Actually. Favorite cult classic is Princess Bride. Favorite Disney movie is Tangled. Favorite rom-com is 10 Things I Hate About You.” See, he couldn’t pick just one either.

7. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I have the third Earthbound Angels book to complete (which begs the question, is there a second one? Of course there is, and it will be out early next year); I have a short story that I’m developing into a novel; one that’s been in the to-be-written pile for an exorbitant amount of time that will likely end up a novella. These are all ones I’ve actually put words to paper for.
Beyond that, I’m currently rolling around ideas and a plot for a piece featuring one of the characters from WRECK YOU (also likely a novella), and a new paranormal that’s going to take a different spin on a classic.

1 comment: