Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Featured Author: Josh Matthews


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Josh Matthews!!!

Hell Gate (Volume 1) by Josh Matthews

Sixteen-year-old Jason McCreary is living a nightmare within a nightmare. Not only is he trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by demons from Hell, he also shoulders the burden for humanity’s fate as it was his mother who opened the gates in a scientific experiment gone wrong.
In a last ditch effort to redeem his family name and erase his guilt, Jason joins a squad whose mission is to travel to Paris and close the Hell Gate. Once there, they discover an environment more frightening than anything they could imagine and demons more terrifying than they had ever encountered before.
Time is now against them.
Can Jason gain his redemption along with the respect of his peers, or will a new web of lies threaten to rip apart his world and jeopardize his team’s only chance for success?




About Josh Matthews:


 
Josh Matthews is a former New Englander who now lives in north Florida with his wife, teenage daughter, and four lovable but exasperating pets. Josh used to work for the U.S. Government where he had the opportunity to travel around the world and be exposed to numerous cultures, many of which will appear in the Hell Gate saga. He has always been a fan of horror novels and monster movies, and sees the Hell Gate saga as his way to share that love with a new generation of fans. 

 

Interview With Josh Matthews:
  1. Can you tell us a little about your books? 
     The Hell Gate saga is a young adult series that centers around sixteen-year-old Jason McCreary who is trying to survive in a world overrun by demons from Hell. It’s essentially a story about coming of age during the apocalypse. Jason is trying to figure out who he is as an individual while the world around him collapses. Yet he still must deal with normal teenage angst, the excitement and uncertainty of his first romance, and somehow manage the guilt he feels because his mother caused the end of the world. Throughout the series he will learn about redemption, duty, and honor, and will be forced to make life-and-death decisions most adults will never have to face.


  1. How did you choose the genre you write in? 
     I love the science fiction/horror genre because it gives me freedom to write what I want. As a former CIA officer, I dabbled years ago with espionage novels and techno-thrillers, which were fun to write, but everything in the plot had to be accurate and realistic or I ran the risk of losing my credibility and, as a result, my readers. With science fiction/horror, I can be as bizarre as I want, and can let my imagination run wild when creating demons or coming up with terrifying situations to drop my characters into.


  1. Where do you get your ideas? 
    From a twisted and over-active imagination. The original idea for the novel came from a make-up design from the SyFy Channel series Face Off of a Red Riding Hood-like character brandishing a minigun; she became the inspiration for Sasha. I didn’t want the main characters battling typical monsters like zombies or vampires, so I developed the concept of invading Earth with a demonic horde from Hell. I’ve had fun coming up with these monsters, some of which are simply variations of things that already scare us, such as giant insects. In later books in the series, I plan to introduce some original and truly horrifying monsters.


  1. Do you have a favorite spot to write? 
    In my old house, my office used to look out over the front lawn, which was peaceful. The cats used to enjoy it as well; they would sit on my desk and watch the birds and squirrels all day. Though I did have issues with swishing tails sliding across my computer and opening/closing various applications.


  1. Do you listen to music while you write? 
     Only when I’m writing action sequences. Then I listen to a mixture of rap, hard rock, and heavy metal. My playlist title is Music To Hunt Monsters By.


  1. What is a usual writing day like for you? How is it structured? 
    My usual routine is to get up at six in the morning and read my email and Facebook while having breakfast, and then take my daughter to school. Once I get back, I spend the rest of the morning and early afternoon writing. My goal is to write 2000 words a day (or 10,000 a week). If I don’t get the 2000 words done in the morning, I often stay up after the family has gone to bed and continue writing.

  1. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? 
    The ability to control people’s minds. Although, I readily admit I would use that power for nefarious purposes. (“Officer, you don’t really want to give me a speeding ticket, do you?”)


  1. What are writing projects are you currently working on? 
    I just heard from my publisher, Burning Willow Press, that the second book in the Hell Gate saga has been scheduled for release for 21 October, so I will be spending the next few months editing the final manuscript. Currently, I am finishing the first draft of the third book in the series and am outlining the plot for the fourth.


 

1 comment:




  1. Five Reasons Why I Can Say Love Spells And other Kinds Of Spell Works

    Reading about spell is not new to anyone who uses the internet frequently.More accurately, most of us depend greatly on the internet for information's and ways to fix things.It can be relationship related, or finance related or any kind of problem you can think of.So in all words we try everything we read to fix it which might just include spell casting.I know this sounds crazy but believe me spell casting is just as real as any other thing you can think of. It just turned out that the internet is flooded with a lot of fake making it is very difficult to separate the "shaft from the wheat" fake from real so here are five reason that i think will convince positively about spell casting

    Empirical Evidence
    Even before any of us reading this article was brought into exist those before us and before them and before those before them relied on spell for healing, protection, blessing and all other thing and guess what? they never complained about the failure maybe because there where no fakes then or those who asked the spell casters help completed the process rather that not seeing it through to the end.

    Paranormal That Science Can't Explain
    A lot supernatural thing happens around us.We are either too blind to see it or we just let science explain it for us.We think anything that science can't explain is left to be thought as nothing.

    Testimonies
    There are a lot of those all over the internet.Yes, we can say not all are true but yet again, we can't say that they are all not true because we can never be sure unless we go through the complete process that is required form us.

    My Testimony
    A lot of you reading this might say am sick or crazy or what ever you may please just describe how discontent you are with this article but am glad even one has his or her right to their personal opinion which this is.It can only be understood by those who see reasons with me.I was in a messed up situation and the only help i could get was from a spell caster and if i have to, will seek their help all over again because even if we refuse to believe,this world is bigger that what our eyes can see and what our senses can feel.

    Faith
    Even if this sounds religious, it will interest you to know that it is not religious because contrarily to what we all know, Magic or sorcery or spell making has nothing to do with religion its more like the understanding of deep nature that goes beyond what we see and what we feel.If it is right to believe that the earth rotates because some man made telescope tell us so,why is it wrong to believe magic sorcery or spells let us gain access to deep mother nature when nature expose itself everyday.

    This is not meant for everyone to read but if you do,and you want a spell caster find one carefully and if i would,i advice you contact DR UZOR with this OK uzorspelltemple@gmail.com *** use this in the usual email format just like your own email format***..website: (www.uzorspelltemple.webs.com )My husband was cheating on me with my friend and i almost lost him till i was able to contact dr.uzor for help, He was a great helper, he saved my marriage from the shame and the embarr[@]ssment, He restored my marriage just as he promised, my husband does not cheat on me anymore, who wants to save his/her relationship should contact email;uzorspelltemple@gmail.com ,,website:

    (www.uzorspelltemple.webs.com )

    ReplyDelete