Friday, June 16, 2017

Featured Author: Becky Flade

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Becky Flade!!





Fated Desires
by Becky Flade


Jenna Gavin is searching for a fresh start and, more importantly, for balance. Her heart, and perhaps the hands of fate, have led her and her son to Trappers' Cove, Minnesota. Settling in the small, quirky town, she's not in the market for a casual relationship but finds herself in one with the young widower next door.

Former shortstop, Gabriel Foxx, is drawn to his difficult new neighbor. The more the prickly divorcee tries to keep him at arm's length, the more determined he is to break down her walls. He can't avoid the passion Jenna inspires and his friendship with Finn has him yearning for family, but Gabe won't allow himself to feel more.

When friendship grows complicated by stronger emotions and mutual desire just isn't enough, will love be worth the risk?


Fated Desires







Enjoy the following excerpt from Fated Desires:

She had drifted closer to him. Or him to her. Jenna couldn’t be sure. But it would take only a shift of balance to touch her body to his. Life was about balance. And the shifting of worlds. In the space of a day her world had changed for better and for worse. She’d spent the previous nine years trying to find her balance again.
Jenna felt the familiar kick of desire. She’d never understood the girls who spoke of butterflies and stirrings. For her it was more akin to a donkey kick—pleasurable, sure, like the first jolt of caffeine in the morning and as sure and swift and strong. Her pulse sped up and she knew the vein in her neck would visibly pulse; it did when she was angry and when she was aroused. Gabe was sure to notice it. As she noticed his heart pounding against her palm in a rhythm she found seductive.
She raised her gaze from the back of her hand. His mouth was aligned with her own. She hadn’t realized how close in height they were. All she had to do was…shift.
“This is the longest conversation we’ve had.” Her voice was husky; she heard it, knew he would. He shifted, imperceptibly but she sensed it.
“Maybe this,” his voice was husky too, “is why.”
She thought she knew what he meant. The tension between them was awareness.
“The day we met I wanted to get close enough to see what color your eyes were. They’re gray. Like storm clouds. Perfect.”
Jenna could feel his breath on the flesh of her lips and her nipples tightened.
“Mom!”
Finn’s shout was punctuated by his feet drumming down the stairs. Gabe brushed his lips over the curve of her cheek, his eyes conveying amused regret, and slipped out the back door, barely making a sound. Jenna grabbed the counter and breathed. She needed to settle herself before her son found his way to the kitchen.
What the hell?




About the Becky Flade:



Home is where the heart is and I make mine with my very own knight in slightly tarnished armor in southeastern Pennsylvania. When I’m not busy living my own happily ever after, I’m writing about someone else’s.

Contact Details:
beckyfladeauthor@gmail.com





Interview With Becky Flade:

1.     Can you tell us a little about your books?

What I call my Trappers’ Cove books are a series of romances with a paranormal flavor featuring a network of friends/family from the East Coast trying to make new lives with new loves in the fictional town of Trappers’ Cove, Minnesota. The romances are sensual but the lovemaking discreetly written.

I also have my Covert Passions series, which are graphic erotic spy novellas based on the missions of CIA super spy Paige Fleming. And a contemporary romance releasing later this year with Tirgearr Publishing.

2.    When did you know you wanted to write a book?

I was little, 5 or 6, when I got the urge to transfer the stories in my head to paper. In fact, I asked my kindergarten teacher to help me.

3.    When you write do you write the first draft on a computer or paper

and pen?


Computer but with a caveat – I write myself notes [hunks of dialogue, whole scenes, a few words, lists of potential names, time zone information, climate data, etc.] in one of the several notebooks I keep for that purpose.

4.    Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?

Pepsi or wine, and watermelon sour patch kids.

5.    Do you have a favorite spot to write?

I really don’t. I have a dedicated spot to write but I tend to wander around the house depending on my mood. You’re just as likely to find me on the sofa or at the dining room table as you are at my desk.

6.    For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?

You should start with Fated Souls. Definitely. Each of the Trappers’ Cove books stand alone but Souls is Maggie and Aidan’s story and they appear as supporting characters throughout.


7.    If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?

Alphabetizing things. I am such a nerd!

8.    What are you working on next?

I started working the draft of the next, possibly last, Trappers’ Cove romance. But I’m waiting on revisions to my contemporary romance and that’ll take precedence.




No comments:

Post a Comment