Saturday, August 19, 2017

Featured Author: Lexi C. Foss

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Lexi C. Foss!!

 
Immortal Curse Series
 
 
 
Book One: Blood Laws
 
Excerpt One:

“I’m curious. How old were you when you realized you could bend others to your will?”
She forced herself to reply. “What?”
“Oh come now, Astasiya, feigning ignorance doesn’t suit you. Order me to do something instead. I dare you.”
A violent tremor shook her, rendering her speechless. For years she had kept a lid on her abilities, playing it off whenever the occasional demand slipped. It was easy to laugh off coincidences with normal people, but there was nothing normal about this man. He would see right through any charade she threw up as was evident by his blatant dare.
“I thought it might be coincidence with the hysterical woman.” He pushed off the wall, his steps casual as he sauntered towards her. “Persuasion is a very rare gift, after all.” He stopped just in front of her to tuck a stray blonde strand behind her ear. “But that reporter was all you.”
She forced herself to swallow, mouth dry. “How long have you been watching me?”
“Long enough.” His intimate gaze stroked over her, touching on all the places that could make a woman squirm. “It’s customary for one in my position to kill you on sight. Fortunately for you, darling, I’m not an admirer of our archaic laws.”




 
 
 
Book Two: Forbidden Bonds
 
Exile never felt so good. . .

Tom’s a trained sniper, not a babysitter. He kills rogue immortals for a living, but after releasing classified information to a friend, he’s banished to a remote location with the CRF’s most prized asset.

Can two tortured souls find solace and love in one another?

Secrets unfold as Tom forms a forbidden relationship with his new charge. The immortal woman evokes memories and feelings long forgotten, and forces him to question everything he’s ever known.

Sacrifices must be made.

A rash decision sends them both running for their lives as enemies vie for their heads.

Some bonds are meant to be broken. . .
 
 
Excerpt One:
She touched the metal choker around her neck and grumbled, “This bloody thing follows me even into my dreams.” If she ever got it off, she’d make Jonathan Fitzgerald eat it.
Amelia,” his deep voice rumbled, “this isn’t a dream.”
What?”
You’re not dreaming.”
She smiled and shook her head. Of course she was dreaming. What else could this be? There was water, sunshine, and trees. “I wish for you to go now.” No need for the handsome Sentinel to spoil her temporary reprieve from reality.
I wish I could, but I’m stuck here for the foreseeable future.” Tom rose to his full height beside her and held out a hand. “Let’s get back to the cabin. You need a shower, and I need to get some sleep.”
She frowned at his long, masculine fingers. He wiggled them once in an impatient gesture that matched the tick in his square jaw. When she stood up, she found the top of her head barely met his chin. The heat radiating from his broad chest felt very real, so real that she pinched her thigh to test his theory. A slight pain radiated up her side, making her eyes widen. “I’m not dreaming?”
He gave her a small smile. “No, Amelia. You’re very much awake.”

 
 
 





 


 
 
 
 
The Prince's Game (Mershano Empire Book 1) 

 
There’s only one way to get a “happily-ever-after,”
And that’s by winning the game.

My twin sister thinks she’s so damn funny with her pranks,
But I’m not laughing.
Entering me into a dating reality show,
The Prince’s Game,
Isn’t all that hysterical.

But this particular joke has quite the twist.
The billionaire bachelor, Evan Mershano, has no interest in marriage.
With his family breathing down his neck, he’s desperate for a way out,
And I happen to be the perfect damsel to save this prince.

It’s a simple arrangement: play to win, and he’ll make it worth my while.
But what started out as a silly farce,
Just might be the fairytale we never expected.
 
 
 
 
 
Excerpts:
--
“If I kiss you right now, I can’t guarantee it’ll stop there.”

“If you value your contract, you’ll make sure it does.” A kiss was an introduction. That was our current stage. Moving to the next level required more trust. He brushed his fingers over my jaw while still balancing on that forearm.

“Just so we’re clear”—his lips inched closer with each word, his intention obvious—“when I stop, it’s only because you tell me to.” An electric current zipped down my spine, igniting every nerve ending in my body as his mouth took mine.

I tangled my fingers in his thick hair and reveled in his passionate claim. Mint, wine, and scotch blended in my mouth as his tongue twined with mine. As far as first kisses went, this one blew my mind. There was nothing slow or gentle about it. His mouth left no question as to what kind of lover he would be. Demanding, hot, and oh-so passionate. I loved it.
--

--
“Demanding little thing, aren’t you?” He rolled onto his side, keeping that arm tucked under his head while the other fell over his flat abdomen. “What if I want something in return?”

“Such as?”

He brushed his knuckles over my cheek and down my neck, pausing at my collarbone. “Kissing with a little light petting might encourage me to get you that phone charger sooner rather than later.”






 
 
 
 
About Lexi C. Foss:
Lexi C. Foss is a writer lost in the IT world.  She lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband and their furry children.  When not writing, she’s busy crossing items off her travel bucket list.  Many of the places she’s visited can be seen in her writing, including the mythical world of Hydria which is based on Hydra in the Greek islands.  She’s quirky, consumes way too much coffee, and loves to swim.

Social Media Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment