Saturday, October 21, 2017

Featured Author: Kimberly Reese



Welcome Today's Featured Author
 Kimberly Reese!!




Sin and Cider

Synopsis
The last time I saw my best friend's kid sister, she was just that: a kid. That's not the case anymore. For the first time ever, I feel an attraction to her I've never felt with anyone else, and I'm determined to convince her to give in to the temptation of a temporary arrangement.
My name is Lawson Westbrook, and the only thing brewing this summer will be sin.

After six long years, I’m back home and working on my family’s apple orchard. I’m surrounded by the same loving support system but can’t avoid the charming bastard who stole my heart years ago. He still makes my heart race in an achingly familiar way, but the way he’s looking at me now isn’t familiar at all. For the first time ever, he’s looking at me with eyes full of desire and sinful promises. I’m here for one reason and refuse to give in to temptation.
My name is MacIntosh Layne, and the only thing brewing this summer will be cider.




Excerpt
I hear Lawson’s steps speed up in response behind me, and the dark chuckle he makes reaches my ears and sets my body afire with tingles of awareness. I manage to make it to the porch and up the first step before I feel his hand firmly grab my wrist and pull me back into his hot, hard body. He keeps one hand at my wrist and the other on my stomach, right above my pelvis. His touch is rough as he runs his hand up my body from my belly button up to my neck, the fabric bunching as it travels through the center of my cleavage.
“Gotcha.” His victorious whisper is rough in my ear as he swirls his fingers in soft patterns over the skin of my throat.
I swallow audibly at his touch. “Oh yeah, what are you going to do with me now that you’ve caught me?” My words are whisper-soft and sound entirely too eager.
Another wicked chuckle tumbles from his lips, and the vibrations create an electric thrill I feel in every inch of my body. I want nothing more than to be tipped over into the undeniable vortex that is Lawson Westbrook and revel in his touch like an addict.
“Ah-ah-ah,” he tuts. “I let you have your turn in the truck. It’s my turn now.”





Buy Linkhttp://bit.ly/ SinAndCider (Available on KindleUnlimited)

Goodreads Book Linkhttp://bit.ly/2xOAYun





About Kimberly Reese:
Kimberly Reese is a contemporary romance author, and Sin and Cider is her debut novel. She grew up in a military family and currently resides in Illinois. When she isn't writing she enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with family.

Social Media Links:
 
 
 
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your book?Sin and Cider is a sexy and sweet story about coming home, finding yourself, and discovering love along the way. My heroine, Mac, lives in Chicago but realizes she's become dissatisfied with her life. In her quest to find happiness, she heads back to her roots and decides to help out on her family's orchard in Tennessee. While she's there she gets help from Lawson, her older brother's best friend, and the attraction between the two is mutual for the first time ever.

2. How did you choose the genre you write in?
I'm a reader of romance and found that love stories are what I'm naturally inclined to write. I love love, and those are the types of stories I really enjoy telling.

3. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
It has always floated around in the back of my mind that I wanted to write a book, but I actively started trying (albeit halfheartedly) during NaNoWriMo a few years ago. I had trouble finishing my stories and needed a kick in the butt. I went on a romance writing retreat last year, and that trip cemented my desire and drive to finally write and finish a book.

4. Do you have a favorite spot to write?

I do! I love writing in my office at my desk. I've tried writing at my kitchen table or on the couch while on my laptop, and I'm just not as productive.
 
5. Do you listen to music while you write?6.
Yes. I need to have some type of background noise when I write. I tend to switch my music up between songs that'll help set the mood of the scene I'm writing and songs that fade easily into the background so I don't get distracted.

6. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

Definitely an outline. I don't get too detailed because I'd like my characters to lead the way, but I need some sort of idea of where I want the story to go. I've tried writing without an outline, and it's just not an easy process for me.

7. If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
HOGWARTS because I'm an epic Harry Potter nerd.

8. What writing projects are you currently working on?

I'm working on Sin and Sugar, which is the second standalone novel in my Sweet Sinners series. It follows the story of Langley, Lawson's sister and one of my favorite secondary characters from Sin and Cider. I'm also working on an unlikely hero story for an anthology I'm taking part in, as well as a surprise story for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment