Monday, December 4, 2017

Featured Author: Desiree LaFawn

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Desiree LaFawn!!







Northwoods Magic (Northwoods Fairy Tales) (Volume 1) 
Quinn Reynolds is desperate for answers. After a near fatal accident, Quinn’s life changes and she is suddenly plagued by dreams of ravens, magic, and a boy with copper-ringed eyes. Told by her doctors that she is delusional, Quinn travels to the Northwoods of Minnesota to find out the truth. But Quinn has another problem that she hasn’t shared. Not only does she dream of magic, she also possesses her own power as well. Corbin Olsen has been battling his own demons for the last ten years. After sacrificing everything to save Quinn’s life, she forgot about him completely. He’s thought of her constantly in the years she’s been gone, but nothing prepared him for the woman she has become. Although angry at her for leaving him, Corbin isn’t able to dismiss his need for her. But Corbin and Quinn are running out of time for a meaningful reunion, the real evil is back and hunting the prey that escaped it all those years ago.












The Descent of Eve: A Glass Traveler Novella 






https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076SXFRZ6



About Desiree Lafawn
Desiree lives in Northwest Ohio with her husband, two children, and two rowdy cats. She is a craft addicted, roller derby skating amateur foody who loves to enjoy a glass of chardonnay with a side of whatever snack the kids left untouched in the pantry, most likely goldfish crackers.


Amazon Author Page - amazon.com/author/desireelafawn
Northwoods Magic Buy Link - https://www.amazon.com/dp/1548794813
The Descent of Eve Buy Link - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076SXFRZ6
Reader Group Lafawnduh's Lounge - https://www.facebook.com/groups/273210479824847/



Interview With Desiree Lafawn



1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
My current published works have a modern fairy tale vibe to them. I love magic and happily ever after, so writing in a fairy tale theme just seemed appropriate.My first book, Northwoods Magic, has a very "Once upon a time" feeling, even though it has a modern setting.

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I've always known I wanted to - it was simply a matter of making it a priority. Of course, I don't just want to write a book, I want to write many books. My WIP list and publishing schedule looks like a Family Circle cartoon I'm not even kidding.

3. How did you choose the genre you write in?
I have to pick? Just kidding! I really like urban fantasy/paranormal romance, because that is what I enjoy reading the most. I will tell you though, I have recently been bitten by the contemporary romance bug - the struggle to stay within boundaries is real!

4. What book is your newest release?
My newest release is The Descent of Eve, the first book in the Glass Travelers series. It released the last week of October and I am already planning out the second and third books in the series.

5. What is a usual writing day like for you, how is it structured?
I carry notebooks around with me constantly. I'm lucky if I get several hours together in a day to write since I have a busy family and a full-time day job. I scribble notes before work, on lunch break and get quality writing in after the kids go to bed. Weekends find me holed up in my office with my noise canceling headphones on. My husband tries, but my kids could care less about what I'm trying to do and why I need quiet.

6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I write in two places specifically. I have a lovely little office in my basement dungeon surrounded by my anime and manga collector's items and craft supplies. I also like to write cross-legged on my bed with the laptop in front of me. I have terrible posture.

7. What is your favorite season?
Fall is the best! Hoodies and leaves and bonfires - gimme!

8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I just finished a piece for the Honor The Sacrifice Anthology that will be coming out in March 2018 I believe. It is a charity project and all proceeds will go to Honor the Sacrifice, an amazing organization. My current WIP is called The Permanence of Pain and is due to release mid-January if I can stop fiddle-farting around. I'm being ultra picky about this project as it is very personal. This particular book is contemporary also, and a completely different writing style from my fantasy/paranormal works. We all like to read about strong women as heroines, but even strong women have their breaking point. Anyone can crack, even those who seem to have their life together the most. Sometimes you don't know how good life can be until you fall to rock bottom and bounce off the ground a bit, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment