Thursday, March 22, 2018

Featured Author: Rachael Brownell





Rumors series by Rachael Brownell




Rumors, Episode 1

“Like wildfire, rumors are easy to spread… and hard to extinguish.”

Flat broke and down on her luck, Emerson Hastings is handed the perfect opportunity. Executive assistant to the head of Creative Marketing at Dixon Advertising. It’s a chance to prove herself, move up with the company, and land her dream job in media advertising. What Emerson doesn’t know is that her boss should come with a warning label. He’s hotheaded, demanding, and sexy as sin.

When long days turn into late nights with her boss, rumors about Emerson and Ryder begin to spread. By the time they circle back to her, they’re difficult to ignore, making her attraction to her boss hard to deny. Everyone has an opinion and no one cares if the rumors are true. No one except Emerson.







About Rachael Brownell:
Rachael Brownell is an award-winning romance author of more than a dozen novels. She resides in Michigan with her family. When she's not in her cave writing her next book you can find her on the golf course (weather permitting) with her husband and son. To learn more about Rachael or her books, visit her website at www.AuthorRachaelBrownell.com or stalk her on social media.

Social Media Link:
Interview With Rachael Brownell: 

1. Can you tell us a little about your book? 
The Rumors series is a 6-book, stand-alone series. The first book released today!!! You'll meet most of the main players in the series but this book focuses on the rumors that surround Emerson and her boss, Ryder.
2. When did you know you wanted to write a book? 
I've always written at some level, whether it be one-liners that I couldn't get out of my head or a poem to express my feelings. I wrote my first book when I was sixteen (it was awful), found a copy of it back in 2012 and decided my characters deserved better. That was the beginning of this amazing journey for me.
 
3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

 I'm currently working on (and almost finished with) by 21st book (depending on how you count novellas). The release of Rumors today makes 16 books available to readers, though. My release schedule is a bit hectic this year (8 books in the next 6 months) but come September, I'll have 24 books available. As far as my favorite... if I had to pick it would probably be either Jumping Puddles (it'll make you ugly cry) or Chasing Fate.

4. What book is your newest release?
 Here's a little more about Emerson & Ryder's book and where the series is headed.
Flat broke and down on her luck, Emerson Hastings is handed the perfect opportunity. What she doesn’t know is her new boss should come with a warning label. He’s hotheaded, demanding, and sexy as sin.
When long days turn into late nights, rumors about Emerson and Ryder begin to spread. Everyone has an opinion and no one cares if the rumors are true. No one except Emerson.
Gossip in the break room. 
Whispers in the hallway.
Like wildfire, rumors are easy to spread.... and hard to extinguish. 
Find out which rumors are fact and which are pure speculation.

6 rumors
5 engagements
4 weddings
3 babies
2 cheaters
1 source
And they all live happily ever after… or do they?

5. What is a usual writing day like for you, how is it structured? 
I work five days a week so on a normal day... I take care of marketing and other misc things from 7-9am. When I get home from work, I write for anywhere from 1-3 hours. I aim for word count each day and once I hit it, I'm done. I try not to work past 7 at night so I can spend time with my husband and son.

6. Do you have a release day tradition? 
Hiding... not really. I tend to stalk social media and see who's sharing, if anyone's talking about my book, and thanking those that do. For the next few release days, I'll be attempting to make my deadline with my editor so I'll be writing as well. As far as "fun" things for release day, I haven't established anything yet but I probably should. It might make them less stressful.

7. Which of your characters would you like to meet in person and why? 
Oooh... probably Jackson from Chasing Fate. I wrote him as a dream boyfriend. He's the perfect mix of sweet, sexy, dangerous and caring. 

8. If you were an animal in a zoo, what would you be? 
Ostrich probably. I'm shy so I can see myself sticking my head in the ground any time someone came by. I open up once I know you, but events can be hard for me sometimes. 

9. What are writing projects are you currently working on? 
This months work-in-progress is the second book in the Imperfect Love Duet. After that, I have to finish up the Rumors series. Books 4, 5 and 6 still need to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment